You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple EarPods not working

I did not see any resoultions to this question in 2017, but am wondering if anyone has figured it out. My old earpods stopped working after the last update to my iPhone 8/version 14.2. I bought new earpods and they work on my husband's phone, but not on mine.

Any ideas?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 10:15 AM

Hi katyseattle,

It looks like your having some issues with EarPods working with your iPhone 8. EarPods are a great alternative to listening to your media. We're glad you reached out for help.

The resource below will have some suggestions on what to do when your EarPods are not working.

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2021 10:15 AM in response to katyseattle

Hi katyseattle,

It looks like your having some issues with EarPods working with your iPhone 8. EarPods are a great alternative to listening to your media. We're glad you reached out for help.

The resource below will have some suggestions on what to do when your EarPods are not working.

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

Jan 9, 2021 10:28 AM in response to mario49

1. I have tried all of those suggestions. I have an older pair of Skullcandy earbuds and an Apple converter that work except for a wonky connection and some static.
  2. I tried my new EarPods with my husband’s iPhone, and they worked just fine.
  3. I have a dated my iPhone 8 to the current iOS of 14.3
  4. One would therefore conclude that that the problem is with with my EarPods connecting to my iPhone.
  5. I have had three chat sessions, and one phone session with Apple help. I will try again later today, but that process anchors me to my laptop for longer than I have right now. This is a true mystery issue!

Apple EarPods not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.