You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update to newest Mac OS

This is going to be kind of hard to explain but for the past month or so I have been trying to update my Mac book pro ‘13 to the newest Mac OS but for some reason it is telling me that I have no updates available. This is very frustrating because I want to install certain apps but I can not because I am not updated to the latest software. I’ve been told that it is because I need to sign in to the App Store. I have tried but whenever I try one of two things happens. I try to sign in with my NEW Apple ID and it just flat out doesn’t work or it tells me to sign in with my OLD Apple ID that I forgot the password to. Can someone please help I am stuck. I’d appreciate it greatly.

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 9:14 AM

Brian, first question which model MacBook Pro 13" do you have? If you go to the Apple menu and select "About this mac" it will open up a window. In the window you should see something similar to this "iMac Retina, 27-inch, 2020" - this is my model. What does yours say? Big Sur won't run on all Macs. At the bottom of the Big Sur web page there is a list of the computers that it will run on. Check the list out. If your model is included then we can figure out why it says there isn't an update available or you can't download the App Store version.

I hope this helps.

Paul

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2021 9:14 AM in response to Briancatalan1

Brian, first question which model MacBook Pro 13" do you have? If you go to the Apple menu and select "About this mac" it will open up a window. In the window you should see something similar to this "iMac Retina, 27-inch, 2020" - this is my model. What does yours say? Big Sur won't run on all Macs. At the bottom of the Big Sur web page there is a list of the computers that it will run on. Check the list out. If your model is included then we can figure out why it says there isn't an update available or you can't download the App Store version.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Can’t update to newest Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.