You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad account

I sold my ipad air to someone and he is trying to log in and he can’t because it must be my icloud account. I already removed the device from find my iphone and from my icloud. what Am I supposed to do now?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 4:43 PM

You should have properly prepared the iPad before selling it:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

As the Activation Lock is still active, inhibiting use by the new owner, you’ll need to resolve the activation lock. Here is the information that you’ll need:

How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support

As you have already deleted the device from your AppleID account, you’ll not be able to remotely resolve the Activation Lock. As such, short of providing your AppleID credentials to the new owner (this is definitely NOT recommended), you’ll have no alternative other than to retrieve the iPad - and then manually remove the Activation Lock.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2021 4:43 PM in response to feras99

You should have properly prepared the iPad before selling it:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

As the Activation Lock is still active, inhibiting use by the new owner, you’ll need to resolve the activation lock. Here is the information that you’ll need:

How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support

As you have already deleted the device from your AppleID account, you’ll not be able to remotely resolve the Activation Lock. As such, short of providing your AppleID credentials to the new owner (this is definitely NOT recommended), you’ll have no alternative other than to retrieve the iPad - and then manually remove the Activation Lock.

ipad account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.