You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos still remain on device after switching to new Apple ID

I had an Apple ID on my mac and recently switched the ID to sign in under a new ID. However, even under my new ID, I can still see my photos from my old ID. How do I remove these? I have a macbook pro 13 inch.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 11:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 12:57 PM

Just changing the apple ID won't change the library on your device. The library is a file structure on your drive in the pictures folder. It is still there whatever apple ID you connect to iCloud with.

If you want to do that, you should create a new user account (settings>groups and users) and sign into your new apple id on that user. That new user will then have a blank photos library.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2021 12:57 PM in response to Kbearz

Just changing the apple ID won't change the library on your device. The library is a file structure on your drive in the pictures folder. It is still there whatever apple ID you connect to iCloud with.

If you want to do that, you should create a new user account (settings>groups and users) and sign into your new apple id on that user. That new user will then have a blank photos library.

Photos still remain on device after switching to new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.