You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't restore chat history from whatsapp on my Iphone. Please help.

Hello team, I have 5 days trying to back up my whatsapp messages. and I can't restore chat history from whatsapp on my Iphone. Total size is 687.2 MB. Last back up was on 12/31/2020 at 4:48pm. I resetted my Iphone and do not have anything installed on it, I have almost 10GB available on my Iphone and out of the 5GB on Icloud I have 4.4GB used, but the whatsapp still doesn't want to restore. Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 10:41 PM

11 replies

Jan 14, 2021 9:02 AM in response to zinacef

I was able to restore my contacts, but not the whatsapp messages. I really need this history, even if I then delete most of it, but I need some important conversations stored on Icloud. All pictures and videos, music can deleted if you have to, but please get me my conversations back. I even finished purchasing an additional 10GB of Icloud just so the data can move better or freely, but still this did not help. Please let me know if you can send me the data to my email or something, or what can I do to recover these messages.

Jan 14, 2021 4:37 PM in response to zinacef

No, why if the problem is with icloud. I wanted to let you guys know first. Please if you guys are the ones offering the service, and are charging for storage, is your job to reach out to them and get a fix on this. This is not the first case I see, and apparently no one at Apple is doing nothing about it, but they are quick to point fingers and try to pass the ball quickly to the next person. I do not have to contact Whatsapp. Can you please let me know what is the issue here, and what is the solution.

Jan 16, 2021 10:43 PM in response to zinacef

Hello,

I am not too happy with APPLE at this moment. Since I was having problems to restore chat history from whatsapp I decided to buy an extra Giga package, to have more space on iCloud and see if this would resolve the issue because I already had used 4.40GB out of 5GB that I had.

I also took your advice and contacted support@support.whatsapp.com and explained to them, that I am able to see my backup file, and I have enough space on my Iphone, but I keep getting an error message with the following '''Couldn't restore chat history'''.

Meanwhile what I did was that I used another iCloud that I had created a while back on my Iphone, until you guys figure out what can we do to recover my chats.

Now when I go to my iCloud drive to the account that had the problem restoring the chats I see that my backup data is no longer there and I have 49.9 GB available

What happened to my DATA, someone erased it just to get rid of the problem and to stop me writing back to you guys or WhatsApp about this issue of ''''''Couldn't restore chat history from whatsapp on my Iphone. '''''

I am very dissapointed with all of this, with Android phones, I never had this issue, and what is worse, is that I cannot find one person that is willing to help me get my Data back.

Hope this could be of some help for you to help me

Regards,

Edmundo

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Jan 18, 2021 5:27 AM in response to zinacef

Can you please credit back my upgrade charge that I used to purchase the 50GB that I now have and did not get to use or will be using. I need to also unregister my credit card so that I do not get charged monthly for the service. I have stopped using my other iCloud until YOU GET MY DATA BACK, therefore do not need the extra Gigas service or charge.

Couldn't restore chat history from whatsapp on my Iphone. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.