You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie: playing 2 mp3's at the same time

Hi, I have 2 mp3 tracks that I want to play at the same time in iMovie. I drag both onto the track, but the 2nd audio splits the first audio and it inserts it, stopping the first audio to play the 2nd audio. How do I get these audios to plat at the same time?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 9:59 AM

Are you putting a background into the timeline and then adding your audio clips? I don't see a background in your screen shot. If you don't have some video in the timeline it is difficult to place multiple audio clip and you will get split clips.

Whereas if you add a background, you can stack the audio clips without splitting them, like this:

-- Rich

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2021 9:59 AM in response to akchau

Are you putting a background into the timeline and then adding your audio clips? I don't see a background in your screen shot. If you don't have some video in the timeline it is difficult to place multiple audio clip and you will get split clips.

Whereas if you add a background, you can stack the audio clips without splitting them, like this:

-- Rich

Jan 17, 2021 5:56 PM in response to Rich839

I create a new (movie) project > Import the audio clips > drag the first audio onto the track > drag the second audio onto the track. The second audio with either insert/cut into the first track or I can put it in front or behind the the first track.

The goal is really to have music playing while I'm talking and to have my talking loop to the background music. I already had my talking recorded on my iPhone, so I thought it would be easy to import the clips and stock them on top of each other to play simultaneously.

iMovie: playing 2 mp3's at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.