You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent! Audio tracks are "black" ....

Hi,

since the latest FCP X update all my audio tracks are just black. I can't do anything to change that. Audio is still playing, but like that it's impossible to edit it. Does anybody else have that problem? I really need a quick fix for that, otherwise I have to switch to a different software. I have to keep deadlines.

Please help,

Christian

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 4:23 AM

9 replies

Jan 19, 2021 7:24 AM in response to phtv

Yes, Google Chrome is known to interfere wildly with professional applications like FCP.

Also, since this has not been mentioned in this thread: whenever the application is not working correctly, deleting preferences is one of the first things to try. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Urgent! Audio tracks are "black" ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.