You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubles with Updating Procreate

Hey, I’ve been having troubles updating Procreate for a good while now. One of my family members bought Procreate for me on this iPad and then removed their credentials so I wouldn’t buy other things with their card (of course).

It’s asking me for their password but I don’t have that anymore, obviously. I asked a while back and they didn’t want to give it to me, not to mention the fact that they don’t even have their iPad or those credentials anymore.

Is there any way I could change their old account to mine and update it that way? Or do I have to buy a whole ‘nother copy?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 5:57 AM

It seems as if you family member has left you with little to no choices.

Yes, it seems you will have to repurchase any apps, like Procreate, under your own Apple ID and password and with your own payment method or using a purchased Apple iTunes gift card.

Has this iPad been setup with your own Apple ID and password or someone else's?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2021 5:57 AM in response to agtm0thman

It seems as if you family member has left you with little to no choices.

Yes, it seems you will have to repurchase any apps, like Procreate, under your own Apple ID and password and with your own payment method or using a purchased Apple iTunes gift card.

Has this iPad been setup with your own Apple ID and password or someone else's?

Troubles with Updating Procreate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.