You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refresh rate external monitor at 30Hz instead of 60Hz

Hi, I recently bought a new monitor to connect to my iMac. It is a 4K monitor from Philips, the Philips 276E8V. I also bought a cable that supports 4K at 60Hz but weirdly enough I can't get the refresh rate to 60Hz. When I lower my resolution in system preferences I can get it to 60Hz but there is no way for me to get 60Hz at a high resolution. I have tried everything to get it to work but I can't figure it out unfortunately. The cable states in the product description and on the back of the package that it supports 4K at 60Hz, so it should work. I also tried to fix it with SwitchResX but that didn't work either. Is there someone that has another solution that might work?

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 3:22 AM

Are you using HDMI? Try a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable from one of the iMac's Thunderbolt ports.

https://www.startech.com/en-us/cables/mdp2dpmm6

Similar questions

4 replies

Refresh rate external monitor at 30Hz instead of 60Hz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.