You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2020 Dual monitor display

Hi,

looking for help to get my display on 2 monitors. I originally tried a VanMas hub, 1 HDMI and one USB connection, but no joy. I have since tried a CalDigit Mini Dock, using the 2 HDMI connections (to each monitor), but only 1 Monitor will display. In Screen display preferences, only 1 monitor shows up there also.... Any help/guidance would be appreciated

Andy

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 5:36 AM

LeachAndy wrote:

looking for help to get my display on 2 monitors. I originally tried a VanMas hub, 1 HDMI and one USB connection, but no joy. I have since tried a CalDigit Mini Dock, using the 2 HDMI connections (to each monitor), but only 1 Monitor will display. In Screen display preferences, only 1 monitor shows up there also.... Any help/guidance would be appreciated

Andy

You will have to say what exact MacBook Pro 2020 is this?

The M1 only supports 1 external monitor.

https://www.apple.com/ca/macbook-pro-13/specs/

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 5:36 AM in response to LeachAndy

LeachAndy wrote:

Andy

You will have to say what exact MacBook Pro 2020 is this?

The M1 only supports 1 external monitor.

https://www.apple.com/ca/macbook-pro-13/specs/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.