You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reload iTunes into iPhone

Hello all-

I am currently running 13.7 on my iPhone 6s. I am trying to update it to 14.4. I do not have enough free space to update it directly into my phone so I'm trying to update it via iTunes on my iMac. But I'm having no luck. With iTunes running on my iMac and then pluging my phone in, I immediately get this message before I even select the phone's icon:

So I click 'Update" and nothing happens. When I then click the phone's icon, I get this screen:

Again when I click 'Update' nothing happens. My first guess is that the mac is looking for the phone's iTunes. Is that correct? The problem is that a few years ago I somehow deleted the iTunes app from my phone. Now I can't find out how to reload it. The only thing in the App Store is the music, but no app,

How do I reload the iTunes app into my phone??

Thanks in advance for any thoughts -

• TheOldFart

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:07 PM

13 replies

Jan 31, 2021 2:46 PM in response to TheOldFart

One last caution:

TheOldFart wrote:

I don't want to update beyond High Sierra because I have a lot of 32-bit applications that I'll still want to use.

The clock is ticking ...

In the not-too-distant future, High Sierra will become too old to support a then-current iOS version. App developers have now had many years' notice from Apple that 32-bit applications were going to become obsolete. It's time to consider upgrading to later applications.

Jan 31, 2021 2:29 PM in response to TheOldFart

Perhaps you don't realize that your original post, where you say things like "I immediately get this message ..." and "I get this screen" fails to show either.

The iTunes app on your iPhone is not required in order to perform an iOS update. Further, there is no longer an iTunes app on the iPhone. There is a Music app and an iTunes Store app.

Reload iTunes into iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.