You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app on iMac won't allow addition of new people to Shared Album invitees list

On my iMac, I set up a new Shared Album in Photos without inviting anyone to the Shared Album. Later, I wanted to add folks, so I clicked on the "person" icon, the image on top is what I saw. The bottom image on the right is what I saw when I tried exactly the same thing on my MacBook.

As one can see, on my iMac the "Invite People" box simply is missing!

Both iMac and MacBook are running 10.15.7.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? I couldn't find any setting that might speak to this.

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:33 PM

I assume on the iMac, you have shared albums checked in the photos preferences>icloud tab?

If you do, then I'd be looking to first restart the iMac - and if that doesn't fix it, try restarting in safe mode.

Similar questions

3 replies

Photos app on iMac won't allow addition of new people to Shared Album invitees list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.