You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else have Apple Magic mouse that keeps dropping off new M1 Mac Mini??

Hi,

Just got an M1Mini (512Gb) a few days ago and find that the Magic Mouse and keyboard are constantly disconnecting. Sometimes they'll re-connect in 1 or 2 seconds but a few times I have had to power-cycle the Mini. For a new system this is not acceptable. Is this issue widespread? Has Apple said they'd address it? Really bummed that I'm having this much grief with a new machine. What's the best way to either force a re-connection or stop the disconnects?

Thanks

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:30 AM

7 replies

Feb 18, 2021 11:19 AM in response to DataTek7

I installed 11.2 (now running 11.2.1) and it did NOT resolve the problem. In my case it has always been the magic mouse which will disco/reconn then disco/reconn again. Seems like I have to keep clicking for that to occur, otherwise then I have to re-connect the mouse in BT settings. My magic keyboard has never had the problem which is occurring with magic mouse. So, seems like it may vary person-to-person if actually fixed or not with 11.2.

Mar 6, 2021 5:56 PM in response to RaginCajun59

I'm still on 11.1 but this has seemed to solve the disconnect problem for me. In System Preferences go to Bluetooth, select Advanced, de-Select Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer. I picked that up from another discussion of this subject and it has worked perfectly for over a day. The keyboard no longer delays in getting characters onto the screen.

To offset this I extended the time for the computer to go to sleep. When it does sleep, touching the mini power button seems to wake it easily. A little less convenient, but I was so frustrated with the mouse it was close to sailing across the room and introducing itself to the wall.

Anyone else have Apple Magic mouse that keeps dropping off new M1 Mac Mini??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.