You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding text to a value in Numbers

I have a cell in Numbers which displays a value generated by a simple formula (A2 x .25).

How can I edit the formula to add text before and after the value?

Example: I want to add the letter X in front of 0.09375 followed by a space and F5 so it reads:

X0.09375 F5

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 11:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 7:16 PM

This should do it:

The formula calculates the value. The concatenation operators (&) join the "X" prefix, the formula result, and the " F5" suffix into a single text string.

When entering the formula, use an asterisk ( * ) in place of the multiplication sign. Numbers will automatically replace the * with the multiplication sigh, but will not recognize that sign (or a lower case letter x) that is typed into the formula directly.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2021 7:16 PM in response to trideciple

This should do it:

The formula calculates the value. The concatenation operators (&) join the "X" prefix, the formula result, and the " F5" suffix into a single text string.

When entering the formula, use an asterisk ( * ) in place of the multiplication sign. Numbers will automatically replace the * with the multiplication sigh, but will not recognize that sign (or a lower case letter x) that is typed into the formula directly.

Regards,

Barry

Adding text to a value in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.