You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps

When i go to the app library to delete an app i press and hold the icon a menu opens asking if i want to share the app or add it to the home screen.

wtf am i doing wrong?

seemed a lot easier to simply delete it from the home screen. why the added step of annoyance?

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 12:38 PM

There are some stock Apple apps that cannot be deleted such as the Health app and the App Store app to name two. If you are attempting to delete other apps and are not getting the DELETE option then:

You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2021 12:38 PM in response to AuntieApple

There are some stock Apple apps that cannot be deleted such as the Health app and the App Store app to name two. If you are attempting to delete other apps and are not getting the DELETE option then:

You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

Deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.