You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Folder Layout in Big Sur

Just upgraded to Big Sur and I'm noticing that the folder layout in Apple Mail has changed. I'm now seeing Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Junk, etc, under each mailbox, along with the folders I created, rather than just seeing them collected once at the top, under Favorites (formerly Mailboxes). I have multiple emails that I need to track and this is quite cumbersome. Did not see anything in Preferences to change this - is there somewhere else that this can be done?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 1:50 PM

10 replies

Feb 10, 2021 3:38 PM in response to Barney-15E

I meant to attach a screenshot before, apologies... I can see them in the Favorites area, that is not the issue. the folders are all duplicated in the mailboxes themselves... whereas they used to only display at the top under "Mailboxes" before. I don't have a before screenshot but I'm attaching what I see now.

Prior to the update, the mailboxes only displayed the additional folders that I created, not also Inbox, Trash, etc.

Apple Mail Folder Layout in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.