You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1/2 of my contacts were deleted seemingly over night

I have an iPhone 11 Pro. I have been looking for a solution to my issue for almost a week now to no avail including on this website. I’m not sure exactly when the contacts were lost but I noticed several of my text threads had changed over to just numbers instead of displaying the contact’s name shortly after the last update. It wasn’t until I went looking for a few people’s numbers that I noticed they were gone completely. I have tried going to iCloud and restoring the contacts which did nothing. I only had 3 dates to choose from, one of which was at the beginning of January where I am absolutely sure I had all the contacts. But when I checked after the system said the restore was successful and none of them reverted back. What can I do to get my contacts back?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 7:48 AM

It sounds like you had more than one email account to host your contacts but you have removed one of them, or unchecked the account for contacts.

Go to Settings, Mail, Accounts and see

1. are all your accounts there
  2. are correct ones turned on for contacts (green)

For iCloud account you need to tap on the account and tap iCloud again,

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2021 7:48 AM in response to tjakes77

It sounds like you had more than one email account to host your contacts but you have removed one of them, or unchecked the account for contacts.

Go to Settings, Mail, Accounts and see

1. are all your accounts there
  2. are correct ones turned on for contacts (green)

For iCloud account you need to tap on the account and tap iCloud again,

1/2 of my contacts were deleted seemingly over night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.