You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to tap and mark text?

I just got the new OS Catalina and have been trying to find a way that doesn't kill my wrists when I mark text. It used to be simple - tap the touch pad and move that finger to where I wanted to mark to. Now I have to hold down the pad with a click instead of a tap and that is not going to work for long. My hands will be destroyed when working with text within a week.

I checked in preferences, I don't see a double tap there at all. How do I get my touchpad to do what I need? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 8:16 AM

I don't know if this will help you but on Big Sur (I don't have Catalina), I double-tap where I want to start the text selection, drag a finger to select the text and single-tap to end the selection process.

Similar questions

1 reply

How to tap and mark text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.