You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using two Apple IDs

I have two Apple IDs - one for work and one personal. I am considering getting rid of my personal cell phone which has my personal Apple ID on it and just starting to use my work phone as both work and personal. Can I use two different Apple IDs on one iPhone? I don't want to lose all of my pictures, contacts, etc.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:08 AM

No. Items acquired with one Apple ID are forever tied to that Apple ID and cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID unless you change it according to:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

But that won't help you since the other Apple ID already exists. All I can suggest is that you transfer those pictures and data to a computer or other third party storage (such as Goole Drive) that will let you access them from your alternate Apple ID. Here is how to transfer photos:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may also want to see the reply to:

Change my apple ID - Apple Community

as an alternate approach using Family Sharing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2021 11:08 AM in response to cola_town

No. Items acquired with one Apple ID are forever tied to that Apple ID and cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID unless you change it according to:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

But that won't help you since the other Apple ID already exists. All I can suggest is that you transfer those pictures and data to a computer or other third party storage (such as Goole Drive) that will let you access them from your alternate Apple ID. Here is how to transfer photos:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may also want to see the reply to:

Change my apple ID - Apple Community

as an alternate approach using Family Sharing.

Using two Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.