You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"ask to buy" request not showing up

I have enabled ask to buy for 2 children on my account. It works fine for one but suddenly not for the other.

I've checked the account names (and they're right) in the Family settings, the "Ask to buy" is on on both kids settings. I've tried to reset the iPhones. All have the newest software update (14.4). I do not get the requests on my iPad either (never did anyway).

Both kids can send the "ask to buy" request from their phones, but lately I only receive the requests from the youngest.

What to do?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 1:23 AM

If you miss an Ask to Buy notification, you can find the request in Notification Center on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If you still don't see your Ask to Buy requests, check which Apple ID you're signed in with, check your Family Sharing settings, and make sure that you're on a supported device.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2021 1:23 AM in response to RuneFick

If you miss an Ask to Buy notification, you can find the request in Notification Center on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If you still don't see your Ask to Buy requests, check which Apple ID you're signed in with, check your Family Sharing settings, and make sure that you're on a supported device.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Mar 2, 2021 2:34 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi SravanKrA,

Thank you for the reply. But that's exactly the problem and what I have checked. I do not get the notifications in the Notification Center on my iPhone for one of the kids. I've checked that I do sign in with the right Apple ID (I only have one) - the same with the children. I've checked the Family Sharing settings, and the "Ask to buy" is on for both me and my children. And the devices are supported - and it has worked previously. I've also tryed to restart the iPhones. So what to do?

"ask to buy" request not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.