You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone 12 can't get past the setup page with to set up my apple id. Just keeps spinning.

I just received the 12, and for about an hour it has been stuck on the Apple ID set up screen. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 12:22 PM

Hello DEClev,

Try restarting your device and connect to different WiFi. Sometimes it happends due to unsecure WiFi networks (WPA2 or TKIP connections arent safe for iOS 14.0 or above). If issue still persists try turning of cellular/WiFi data for other devices which signed in for same Apple ID account.

I hope it helps,

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2021 12:22 PM in response to DEClev

Hello DEClev,

Try restarting your device and connect to different WiFi. Sometimes it happends due to unsecure WiFi networks (WPA2 or TKIP connections arent safe for iOS 14.0 or above). If issue still persists try turning of cellular/WiFi data for other devices which signed in for same Apple ID account.

I hope it helps,

Take care!

My new iPhone 12 can't get past the setup page with to set up my apple id. Just keeps spinning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.