You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Storage Issue

I am trying to download photos to my iPad (using an SD card adapter), importing to my photo library. I have the 256GB 5th Generation Mini. It keeps telling me that I do not have enough storage space to download the photos and I need to delete some to make room. However when checking my iPad storage I have only used 56GB of storage on the iPad. In addition, I have 2TB of storage in iCloud, my photo library automatically uploads to the Cloud when needed and that is only 1/4 used. So I don't understand why I keep getting this message and it's driving me crazy. I use Lightroom on the go on the iPad to edit photos more quickly when needed and this is seriously interrupting my workflow. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 1:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 2:31 PM

Sloth_Mom wrote:

I have 2TB of storage in iCloud, my photo library automatically uploads to the Cloud when needed and that is only 1/4 used.

So ¼ of 2TB = 500GB, and it sounds like that's the approximate size of your iCloud Photos. However, your iPad storage capacity is only about half that much.

So hopefully you have set Settings > Photos > Optimize iPad Storage.

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2021 2:31 PM in response to Sloth_Mom

Sloth_Mom wrote:

I have 2TB of storage in iCloud, my photo library automatically uploads to the Cloud when needed and that is only 1/4 used.

So ¼ of 2TB = 500GB, and it sounds like that's the approximate size of your iCloud Photos. However, your iPad storage capacity is only about half that much.

So hopefully you have set Settings > Photos > Optimize iPad Storage.

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

iPad Storage Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.