You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Vizio TV won't display my Macbook screen

I recently bought a USB-C to HDMI cable that will allow me to connect my Macbook to a TV and use it as a display for my screen. I tested the cable out on 2 different TVs and it worked perfectly fine. I then tried using it on my Vizio TV and the TV claimed there was "No Signal". My Macbook claims that it is connected to the TV, so the TV should be displaying my Macbook screen just like the other 2 TVs I tried it on. I tried switching the cable out to different HMDI ports on the TV and it still didn't work. I tried turning the TV on and off, the Macbook on and off, etc. I was pretty much convinced that the problem was with the Vizio TV, so I contacted Vizio support. They tried to help me but they ended up telling me that it must be a problem with my Macbook settings. So now here I am, seeing if anyone knows if there is something that will fix this situation. Please and thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 1:35 PM

Hello Mailrebel,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with connecting a TV with your Mac. We're happy to help.

You've completed some great troubleshooting thus far. We recommend continuing with the steps in the article here: Connect to HDMI from your Mac Specifically the section "After making the connection".

As the issue didn't occur on two different televisions, we'd recommend checking your TV port for any dirt. debris or damage that would prevent a connection.

You can also try the steps in the guide here: If you can’t see your Mac desktop on an external display

Additionally, we recommend checking if your TV is compatible with AirPlay. The article here can help get you started: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2021 1:35 PM in response to Mailrebel

Hello Mailrebel,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with connecting a TV with your Mac. We're happy to help.

You've completed some great troubleshooting thus far. We recommend continuing with the steps in the article here: Connect to HDMI from your Mac Specifically the section "After making the connection".

As the issue didn't occur on two different televisions, we'd recommend checking your TV port for any dirt. debris or damage that would prevent a connection.

You can also try the steps in the guide here: If you can’t see your Mac desktop on an external display

Additionally, we recommend checking if your TV is compatible with AirPlay. The article here can help get you started: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen

Best!

My Vizio TV won't display my Macbook screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.