You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos are not in sync with iPhone

The photos in iCloud is not in sync with the photos in my iPhone. The photos in my iPhone are not new, they are taken some weeks ago and I do not see them in iCloud Photo.

I've tried the following steps in an attempt to refresh the synchronisation between iCloud & iPhone but without success.

1) In iPhone, under 'Photos' tab, I turn off & re-turn on 'iCloud Photo'. 'Transfer to PC' is kept as 'Automatic'.

2) In PC, I sign out from iCloud and re-sign in again.

After step (1) & (2) above, on checking iCloud Photos, it's still does not sync with my iPhone. It's showing photos that are deleted from iPhone some days ago and it does not show photos from iPhone that are taken some weeks ago.

How do i fix this?

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 3:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 4:02 AM

Hello,

Have you reset and reinstalled your phone recently ? If you've recently reset your iPhone, it may take some time for your icloud photos to come to the 'photos' application. For this, your phone must be connected to the charger and to the Wi-Fi network while it is on lock screen. The best time for this is to plug in your phone and connect it to the Wi-Fi network before going to bed at night.

Also you can look at this : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264#:~:text=On%20your%20iPhone%2C%20iPad%2C%20or,the%20sidebar%2C%20then%20select%20Photos.

Regards.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 4:02 AM in response to MeiQQ

Hello,

Have you reset and reinstalled your phone recently ? If you've recently reset your iPhone, it may take some time for your icloud photos to come to the 'photos' application. For this, your phone must be connected to the charger and to the Wi-Fi network while it is on lock screen. The best time for this is to plug in your phone and connect it to the Wi-Fi network before going to bed at night.

Also you can look at this : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264#:~:text=On%20your%20iPhone%2C%20iPad%2C%20or,the%20sidebar%2C%20then%20select%20Photos.

Regards.

Mar 21, 2021 11:41 PM in response to MeiQQ

Hello again,

First of all, let's make it clear: Are the original versions of the photos on the iPhone ? If so, iCloud Photos will automatically sync to iCloud if it is turned on. Does your PC have Windows OS ? If you are using iCloud for Windows, make sure the app is up to date. When you log into the iCloud app from your computer, open a 'File Explorer' in Windows, 'iCloud' will appear in the tabs on the left, click it and you can see the data on your device.

Otherwise, make sure you have free space in your iCloud storage space. If you're using a free storage plan and your space is full, you may need to upgrade iCloud storrage.

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT204247

Regards,

Apr 17, 2021 2:44 PM in response to SBugrahanTercan

I have similar problem. I recently filled my iCloud and IOS Photos says "cannot backup photos, out of space". I freed up 1GB space on iCloud but IOS Photos still says iCloud is full and deleted photos on iCloud are not being deleted from IOS Photos app. It seems like Photos app has a bug. It is not syncing with iCloud since it hit the out-of-space limit. IOS Backups are working fine, just not Photos sync.

I've tried Backup Now, iPhone power cycle, and toggled Photos app backup (off/on). Next I might try log out of iCloud, but that appears destructive so not my first choice.

Any ideas how to force sync and get IOS Photos app to understand iCloud photos have been deleted? Thank you!

iCloud Photos are not in sync with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.