You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iPhone 12pro photo cropping issue

How come my iPhone is cropping my photos. How do I stop this? It is ruining my photos.

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 11:33 AM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2021 11:13 AM in response to Felix6630

Hey there Felix6630,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some concerns about your iPhone 12 Pro and photos getting auto cropped. We’ll be happy to help.

It’s possible this may be an expected feature. “On iPhone models with the Ultra Wide (0.5x) lens, the Camera interface shows you what's happening outside of the shot that you're framing. This can help you decide if you need to reframe your shot or switch to a different camera lens on your iPhone for a better photo.” Take a look at the info under “See beyond the frame” from this article for more details:

About the Camera features on your iPhone

We hope this helps. Take care.

Apple iPhone 12pro photo cropping issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.