You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No email notification until I open mail app up in Iphone

My emails are not showing up until I go into the mail app itself. The notification app is on and correct, but still nothing. I also do not see the mail app in the background app refresh either. This has been going on for a week now. I have done all the trouble shooting noted already and still nothing. Can someone give me some answers on what to do next?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 4:56 PM

If you go to Settings>Mail>Accounts>Fetch New Data, what is showing there? Tap on that setting, then look at the account in question. What is it set to? If Fetch, look at the Fetch settings below. That needs to be set at a time limit. Do not set to Automatically or Manually if you want your mail checked without you opening it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 18, 2021 4:56 PM in response to electrarap

If you go to Settings>Mail>Accounts>Fetch New Data, what is showing there? Tap on that setting, then look at the account in question. What is it set to? If Fetch, look at the Fetch settings below. That needs to be set at a time limit. Do not set to Automatically or Manually if you want your mail checked without you opening it.

Mar 18, 2021 4:51 PM in response to electrarap

electrarap wrote:

My emails are not showing up until I go into the mail app itself. The notification app is on and correct, but still nothing. I also do not see the mail app in the background app refresh either. This has been going on for a week now. I have done all the trouble shooting noted already and still nothing. Can someone give me some answers on what to do next?

What does "I have done all the trouble shooting noted already" entail?

No email notification until I open mail app up in Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.