You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie trailer on Facebook

I can't decipher the iMovie licence agreement.

I've created an iMovie trailer. Added my own photos only to the Apple software.

Can I publish this on Facebook?

It's non commercial and the group will consist of people I don't know but who need to join the group (I don't know if that counts as public or not). It's ancestry-related.

So, can I publish all the Apple bits (soundtrack, graphics etc) of the trailer?

Thanks

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 3:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 8:21 AM

The Apple License Agreement is a legal document that can be difficult for non-lawyers to understand. There is no clear answer to your question as far as I can tell. However, Facebook has been known to refuse sample content from iMovie. I think that the soundtrack would be the main issue. It might get muted. If you can get Facebook to publish the trailer, I doubt that anyone would complain about your use of it. It is non-commercial and directed to a limited audience. Still, don't rely on what I say, as I am just a consumer like yourself. Out of caution I need to advise you to get a legal opinion, as Apple does in the License Agreement.

Apple has a "legal" website so you might try posting your question there. Here's the link:

https://www.apple.com/legal/contact/

--Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2021 8:21 AM in response to NSandover

The Apple License Agreement is a legal document that can be difficult for non-lawyers to understand. There is no clear answer to your question as far as I can tell. However, Facebook has been known to refuse sample content from iMovie. I think that the soundtrack would be the main issue. It might get muted. If you can get Facebook to publish the trailer, I doubt that anyone would complain about your use of it. It is non-commercial and directed to a limited audience. Still, don't rely on what I say, as I am just a consumer like yourself. Out of caution I need to advise you to get a legal opinion, as Apple does in the License Agreement.

Apple has a "legal" website so you might try posting your question there. Here's the link:

https://www.apple.com/legal/contact/

--Rich

iMovie trailer on Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.