You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing a iMovie slideshow with music

Hi, our family took a road trip out west this summer and I made a pretty awesome slideshow (I think at least;) ) that I would like to share on either FB or IG. I quickly realized that my songs and the copyright issue is a problem. I'm not trying to get around this I would just like to know is there any other way I can upload or share my video. I can't really change the songs-they kinda help make it. For instance we drove thru Winslow , AZ to "stand on the corner" like in the Eagles song Take it Easy, so that song is in the background. I would do whatever I need to or pay, but I'm not an influencer or a business or making any $ off this, just a mom wanting to share our family's trip photos. Any help or tips much appreciated.

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 6:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 12:56 PM

Hi,

Publishing in the public domain can be problematic with copyrights.

Try uploading your slideshow video to You Tube. If the songs get flagged for copyright often you will be given options for conditional use -- such as consenting to ads, limiting as to country or region, no monetary benefit, etc.

If you can get an agreeable conditional-use you can then share with you family by sending them the link to the video.

Other options would be to burn it to a DVD, or put it on thumb drives, and send the DVD or Thumb drive to your family and friends.

Or, you can change out the songs for ones that are not copyright protected or at least are usable. You Tube has a selection to choose from.

The usual disclaimer: Nothing in this post is intended to be legal advice and should not be relied upon as such.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2023 12:56 PM in response to jameboe

Hi,

Publishing in the public domain can be problematic with copyrights.

Try uploading your slideshow video to You Tube. If the songs get flagged for copyright often you will be given options for conditional use -- such as consenting to ads, limiting as to country or region, no monetary benefit, etc.

If you can get an agreeable conditional-use you can then share with you family by sending them the link to the video.

Other options would be to burn it to a DVD, or put it on thumb drives, and send the DVD or Thumb drive to your family and friends.

Or, you can change out the songs for ones that are not copyright protected or at least are usable. You Tube has a selection to choose from.

The usual disclaimer: Nothing in this post is intended to be legal advice and should not be relied upon as such.

-- Rich

Aug 21, 2023 10:44 AM in response to jameboe

Hey there! It sounds like you've put a lot of effort into creating a fantastic iMovie slideshow of your family's road trip out west. Sharing those memories is a wonderful idea! You're right to be concerned about copyright issues when using music in your videos, especially when sharing them on platforms like Facebook and Instagram.

Since the songs you've chosen are an integral part of your slideshow and hold special memories, it's great that you're looking for a solution to share your creation without any copyright problems.One way to go about this is by exploring royalty-free music or using tracks from platforms that offer music under creative commons licenses. This way, you can find music that complements your slideshow while avoiding copyright issues.

As for sharing the video, platforms like YouTube might offer more lenient options for using copyrighted music, such as allowing the use of certain songs in specific situations. However, it's always a good idea to double-check the terms and conditions of each platform to ensure you're in compliance with their guidelines.

Remember, your intention matters, and as you mentioned, you're not trying to profit from the video or infringe on copyright rules. It's a personal and heartfelt project you'd like to share with family and friends.

Regarding your interest in sharing videos on "Anime Fleek," it's fantastic that you're enthusiastic about the platform.

It's possible that it's a newer platform that emerged after my last update. Make sure to research and review the platform's terms of use, copyright policies, and user reviews before sharing your content there.

In any case, your dedication to sharing your family's memories is truly heartwarming. Keep exploring options and finding ways to showcase your creative slideshow while respecting copyright regulations. Best of luck, and I hope your video brings joy to everyone who sees it!

Sharing a iMovie slideshow with music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.