You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IsSharing customized photo memories

I have chosen the song that is more meaningful to my husband and I creating the together over the years. it won’t let me share stating the song I chose from AppleMusic is not shareable;to choose from the shareable track but absolutely 0 of those work. Is there a way to share my version that I know will mean so much to him.

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 8:05 PM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2023 2:00 AM in response to HaVSoldt

Yes, the songs from Apple Music are protected and cannot be shared directly. The Apple Music licence does only allow us to listen to the song, but not to change the format or embed it into a movie or a slideshow or memory video. To use a song as a soundtrack it has to be a song we purchased without digital right restrictions, or songs we play ourselves on a guitar or another musical instrument and record our performance, audio files we create yourself and import to our Music Library.

It is easy to add our own recorded songs to our Music Library on a Mac, but I have never done that on my iPhone.

Nov 10, 2023 10:07 PM in response to HaVSoldt

Are you creating the slideshow on a Mac or on an iPhone or iPad?

If you are working on a Mac, you could create the slideshow film with the song chosen by Apple, then replace the song in the exported film using GarageBand for Mac or iMovie. But you would use a version of your favourite song that is not protected. Do you own a copy of the song, that has no digital rights attached? And do you have GarageBand or iMovie installed and know how to modify the soundtrack of a film?

Nov 11, 2023 10:50 AM in response to léonie

Thank you so much! Unfortunately no it’s on my iPhone with the photo memories it randomly creates. Lol so I changed the song but I’m guessing I can only have that version for me only? It says you can share the memory but without the song I chose. I don’t own the rights to it but it let me choose it from Apple Music

IsSharing customized photo memories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.