You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I redeemed my apple gift card to purchase uc in pubg but it won’t allow me to use apple balance. Only option is credit/debit card.

Hi, I redeemed my apple gift card to purchase uc in pubg but it won’t allow me to use apple balance. Only option is credit/debit card.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 9:13 PM

You may see a notice to enter a credit card for "verification purposes" even if you intend to pay using apple ID balance. Enter your card and very likely it will only charge your Apple ID balance as long as you have sufficient money to pay for the item, and leave your card untouched.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 9:13 PM in response to ranish17

You may see a notice to enter a credit card for "verification purposes" even if you intend to pay using apple ID balance. Enter your card and very likely it will only charge your Apple ID balance as long as you have sufficient money to pay for the item, and leave your card untouched.

Apr 29, 2021 6:24 AM in response to RJFarrley

You can't select which payment type is used, it is automatically selected for you, Apple ID balance first and then the list of other payment optios you have entered. It will always use Apple ID balance first unless it is one of hte very few kinds of items (such as a gift card) where you can only pay with a card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.