You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie default font

I am using imovie version 10.2.3 and want to change the default font. It currently. I primarily use upper and lower titles which both default to Gill Sans Bold 91point. Can I change the default? This has been asked before but all answers seem to just say how to change the font size each time. I don’t want to do that but to actually change the default.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 8:08 AM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2021 10:18 AM in response to Bed-Man

When you open the title template it will display a pre-set default font. However, if you click on the large "T" in the toolbar at the top of the screen that will reveal a selection box where you can change the font from a large selection shown in the dropdown menu that appears when you click on the little triangle that appears next to the font name in the selection box. The font change will apply only to the template that you are using. When you drag the title template from the browser to the timeline over a different clip, or in a different project, the default font will always appear unless you change it.

imovie default font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.