You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile automatically keeps getting installed

Hi,

A certain profile (refer pictures below) keeps getting automatically installed on my MacBook Pro (Mid-2015 15-inch running Mojave 10.14.6) despite me removing it each time. My browser (Chrome) closes unexpectedly every time the profile gets installed and it seems to have modified the default search engine settings whenever I reopen the browser. I can't seem to figure out the source that's causing this issue.

I have tried resetting my browser settings, reinstalling the browser, and restricting Google Chrome's access to modify my Mac, but the problem still persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 3:35 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 6, 2021 5:38 AM in response to jyothishmani94

Thanks for getting in contact with us, jyothishmani94.

It sounds like you're having a profile automatically pushed to your Mac. We can help.

This might be expected behavior. Check out Use configuration profiles to standardize settings on Mac computers to learn more about which scenarios this can happen with, and steps you might be able to take to remove unwanted profiles.

Take care!

Profile automatically keeps getting installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.