You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 9.3.5 Software Update

I have an question not about this. I have an iPad version 9.3.5 and I wanted to download an app but it said I need at least 10.0 IOS. So I checked the software update but it said "Your software is up to date" so I cannot download the app. What can I do?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 9:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 9:51 AM

Each App has a Software requirement that in this case is iOS 10 and as your iPad only has iOS 9.3.5 that means your iPad lags the minimum requirement level to download that app so I am really sorry there’s no way I can help you with this. Only if you have downloaded this app and lies in purchased section you can download the previous version of this app that is compatible with your iPad

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2021 9:51 AM in response to Juko2

Each App has a Software requirement that in this case is iOS 10 and as your iPad only has iOS 9.3.5 that means your iPad lags the minimum requirement level to download that app so I am really sorry there’s no way I can help you with this. Only if you have downloaded this app and lies in purchased section you can download the previous version of this app that is compatible with your iPad

Apr 11, 2021 10:55 AM in response to Juko2

Your iPad is too old for any more iOS upgrades/updates.

Sorry.

An 2012 iPad Mini will be a 9-year old device this year.

It is too old and obsolete now.

It's 2021 now.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished or used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally or on the Web/Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are PLENTY of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

iPad 9.3.5 Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.