You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

view icloud.com files list view

4/15/2021. I have searched for a discussion of viewing files in my iCloud account in the browser, as a supplement to folder view. This question has to do with file storage, as opposed to sharing between devices, a very different use of the platform.

I haven't found a reply to this question, which has been asked for quite some time in several posts. I have not read a responsive reply.

My personal view is that the use of a column view, as with the OS Finder, would improve the user experience greatly.

As it appears to be in 2021, the interface is preventing me from storing files using iCloud.

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 5:26 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2021 6:21 PM in response to Leanne_68

4/16/2021. Hi Leanne68,

Yes, indeed, there is actually a simple procedure--as directed by the Apple Support Dept., one simply attaches an external drive to the device (iMac in my case), navigates to the files from the iCloud folder just like with other files in the machine;

then, selects the file/s, and folder/s with a mouse, and drags them over to the external drive. There is no file compression or file copying necessary. The files look normal, like they were before uploading them to the Cloud.

This made me very happy. My files are alive and well on my device, thanks to the assistance I received, and I am very grateful to have my files right here.

As for seeing what is on the Cloud itself, I have not found a list of them, per se, at my iCloud account. This feature would be useful, and I hope it is added at some point. But I'm not losing (any more sleep) on this point.

Again, thank you very much for your help. And now it's time for that old-fashioned donut.

Apr 17, 2021 6:02 AM in response to oldfashioneddoughnut

After giving the matter further thought--having a list of my files in iCloudDrive--I think maybe it's actually not a great idea, despite the convenience it could be, to have such a list up there. (Especially if the account is not protected with a very strong password.)

There I shall let the matter rest, and go have another doughnut or two, while I ponder how large my next internal storage my next iMac will have.

view icloud.com files list view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.