You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up find my AirPods on the MacBook Air

How to pair AirPods with MacBook Air for find my AirPods

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 9:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 9:45 AM

A) Since you use your AirPods with your iPhone, you should be able to locate them in the Find My app on your iPhone. You should be able to see the AirPods' last known location if they are disconnected and in their case.

B) If your iPhone and MacBook Air are NOT signed on with the SAME Apple ID then the AirPods will only appear in the Find My app of the device that they are paired to. In your case, they will only appear on the iPhone and NOT on your MacBook Air.

C) As a side note, consider updating your MacBook Air to a later macOS.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2021 9:45 AM in response to chasman007

A) Since you use your AirPods with your iPhone, you should be able to locate them in the Find My app on your iPhone. You should be able to see the AirPods' last known location if they are disconnected and in their case.

B) If your iPhone and MacBook Air are NOT signed on with the SAME Apple ID then the AirPods will only appear in the Find My app of the device that they are paired to. In your case, they will only appear on the iPhone and NOT on your MacBook Air.

C) As a side note, consider updating your MacBook Air to a later macOS.

Axel F.

Set up find my AirPods on the MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.