You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 heating up during 20W fast charging

I am using an iPhone 11(March'21 manufactured) and use a 20w power adapter along with the USB-C cable to charge my phone. However, during charge, the phone get heated, not that I cannot hold it, but it is not usual as well. After it reaches 80%, it slowly cools down. Does it impact the phone or the battery? Do I need to go back to the old 5 watt charger? Also is it healthy to use the fast charger for regular use or only when it is necessary?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 11:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 7:27 AM

Hi, somak288, and welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having concerns about the temperature of your iPhone. We'll be glad to help you out with this.

There are many scenarios where it is normal for your iPhone to feel physically warm to the touch. As long as you aren't getting a temperature alert on your iPhone, then you should be just fine. It is also fine to use the 20 Watt charger all the time. For more information on this, check out the following article: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

We hope you find this information helpful.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2021 7:27 AM in response to somak288

Hi, somak288, and welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having concerns about the temperature of your iPhone. We'll be glad to help you out with this.

There are many scenarios where it is normal for your iPhone to feel physically warm to the touch. As long as you aren't getting a temperature alert on your iPhone, then you should be just fine. It is also fine to use the 20 Watt charger all the time. For more information on this, check out the following article: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

We hope you find this information helpful.

Cheers!

iPhone 11 heating up during 20W fast charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.