You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac bluetooth

The bluetooth on my imac has stopped connecting. It is on but will not connect keyboard, mouse or airpods

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 8:29 PM

alpaca13 Said:

"imac bluetooth: Ok... bluetooth has come back on but it still won't connect to my keyboard or mouse"

-------

What Else to Try:

A. Re-Enable Bluetooth:

Go Here: Turn Bluetooth On or Off on Mac - Apple Support

B. Are these even Seen?:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About This Mac
  3. Click: System Report... Button
  4. Click: Bluetooth

If not, then there is no power to them. So, replace the batteries.

C. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

See if this now works

D. Try Another User:

Create a new administrator user, and see if you get this error. If you do, then it is likely an issue of the macOS as a whole. If you do not get this issue, then is it likely an issue with the users your are using while reporting this.

E. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. uninstallations), system configurations (i.e. for the GUI) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2021 8:29 PM in response to alpaca13

alpaca13 Said:

"imac bluetooth: Ok... bluetooth has come back on but it still won't connect to my keyboard or mouse"

-------

What Else to Try:

A. Re-Enable Bluetooth:

Go Here: Turn Bluetooth On or Off on Mac - Apple Support

B. Are these even Seen?:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About This Mac
  3. Click: System Report... Button
  4. Click: Bluetooth

If not, then there is no power to them. So, replace the batteries.

C. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

See if this now works

D. Try Another User:

Create a new administrator user, and see if you get this error. If you do, then it is likely an issue of the macOS as a whole. If you do not get this issue, then is it likely an issue with the users your are using while reporting this.

E. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. uninstallations), system configurations (i.e. for the GUI) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Apr 20, 2021 7:54 PM in response to alpaca13

alpaca13 Said:

"imac bluetooth: The bluetooth on my imac has stopped connecting. It is on but will not connect keyboard, mouse or airpods"

-------

Reset the Bluetooth Module:

See if Bluetooth is getting in the way here.  Bluetooth may be in a constant loop of not being able to connect.  Go Here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

imac bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.