You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Cursor

My new MacBook Air - sometimes difficult to find my cursor, but I seem to recall in the initial set-up that by swirling my fingers on the trackpad, the cursor would enlarge and thereby allow you to locate it....how do I make this happen because when I try this, the cursor doesn't enlarge....???

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 11:28 AM

Hello Jax350,

It sounds like you want to magnify the cursor temporarily, and we'd like to provide some information.

"To make the pointer larger temporarily, quickly move your finger on the trackpad or quickly move the mouse. To turn this feature off, deselect “Shake mouse pointer to locate” in the Cursor pane of Accessibility preferences."

You can find more information on how to magnify or enlarge the mouse pointer on your Mac here: Magnify the mouse pointer on Mac

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Jax350

Hello Jax350,

It sounds like you want to magnify the cursor temporarily, and we'd like to provide some information.

"To make the pointer larger temporarily, quickly move your finger on the trackpad or quickly move the mouse. To turn this feature off, deselect “Shake mouse pointer to locate” in the Cursor pane of Accessibility preferences."

You can find more information on how to magnify or enlarge the mouse pointer on your Mac here: Magnify the mouse pointer on Mac

Take care!

MacBook Air Cursor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.