You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music, when on shuffle, won’t play some songs!

hello,

when I put my Apple Music library on shuffle, it won’t play all my songs... it will go to the song, but not load then skip to the next song or a couple songs then eventually play a song! But if I go into the actual song through artist or album it will play normally.... I tried resetting my network settings, still doing it. Not sure why shuffle is broken and won’t play some songs like that... any help would be appreciated!

iPhone X

Posted on May 1, 2021 10:08 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 2, 2021 11:00 AM in response to Brownsound146

Hi Brownsound146,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today shuffling Apple Music. It sounds like some songs don't play when you shuffle, but do play when you go into the album.

Let's make sure the steps here are being followed: Repeat and shuffle music.

Is it possible Autoplay is actually choosing the songs? Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device.

If that isn't the reason, is there any pattern to the songs that are being skipped? Are they originally purchased songs? Are they downloaded to the device and other songs are streamed? Are they greyed out?

Let us know further details if the issue is ongoing.

Have a fantastic day!

May 26, 2021 4:54 PM in response to MichaelB2019

Hey!

so they are mostly songs I purchased years ago and through iCloud memory. But it will play any songs that I added through Apple Music. Any other song I play will give me the “the request URL was not found on this server”

so when shuffling music it just skips some songs but will play other songs that I purchased years ago.

it seems to be picking and choosing day to day. It’s very frustrating to say the least.

Apple Music, when on shuffle, won’t play some songs!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.