You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you show "folder" name

I would like to organize close to 100,000 images that I dumped into photos. I have NO folders created yet so I will be going through all of them in the Library. So I can keep track of what images have been moved to a folder, is there a way to show that folder name below the image like is done for the file NAME.

Note: I never reference a file. I only deal with original files so never a project etc.

Thank you in advance

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 5, 2021 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 1:40 PM

Hi - No, you can't display it in that way.

You can use a smart album with the condition "album - is not - any" to see which images have not been added to an album.

Or you could also use captions together with smart albums instead of normal albums. Add a caption - eg waterfalls. A smart album with the condition "caption - contains - waterfalls" would then show all images with that word in the caption. "Caption - is not - any" would show all images without a caption, and having the info pane open would allow you to see an images caption as you browse through the library.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 5, 2021 1:40 PM in response to TheNachoHunter

Hi - No, you can't display it in that way.

You can use a smart album with the condition "album - is not - any" to see which images have not been added to an album.

Or you could also use captions together with smart albums instead of normal albums. Add a caption - eg waterfalls. A smart album with the condition "caption - contains - waterfalls" would then show all images with that word in the caption. "Caption - is not - any" would show all images without a caption, and having the info pane open would allow you to see an images caption as you browse through the library.

How do you show "folder" name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.