You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud 12 for Windows does not show two-factor window when approving

Hello,

I have iCloud for Windows 12.3 from Microsoft Store installed, latest Google Chrome and two-factor on iCloud enabled.

Whenn clicking approve, I have to give my password an hit sign in. But nothing happens. Tried giving the wrong passwort to see, if it works, but the wrong password is recognized. The right password just leads to the settings app again, with no change. I do not get the window for the second factor an I do not get the notification on my iPhone. Going to appleid.apple.com in chrome does work and the second factor works.

Nothing helps, signing out, restart, reinstall...

Same as here: icloud 12 wont link passwords to chrome - Apple Community

Posted on May 12, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 6:39 AM

Hello,

I found a "solution" and had to do two things. First I deleted the Windows PC in my devices on my iPhone. After that step, the two-factor question reappeared. But still no change, besides that no change.

The second hint was the VPN question. After disconnecting from the company network and VPN, it would set up. Now, it shows the six digit number when starting Chrome and I can access the passwords, even within the company network.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2021 6:39 AM in response to MoonJ.

Hello,

I found a "solution" and had to do two things. First I deleted the Windows PC in my devices on my iPhone. After that step, the two-factor question reappeared. But still no change, besides that no change.

The second hint was the VPN question. After disconnecting from the company network and VPN, it would set up. Now, it shows the six digit number when starting Chrome and I can access the passwords, even within the company network.

May 13, 2021 6:12 AM in response to ghosty82

Hi there ghosty82,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you’re unable to turn on Passwords in the iCloud for Windows preference pane. We’d like to help.

The section titled “Save your passwords across devices” in Set up and use iCloud for Windows details the steps for enabling Passwords on your PC.

Is your iPhone running iOS 14 or later? Is your PC running the latest Windows software?

Are you using a VPN with your devices?

Despite being unable to enable Passwords and complete the approval, are you able to download the iCloud Passwords extension in the Chrome Web Store?

Keep us posted.

iCloud 12 for Windows does not show two-factor window when approving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.