You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud Two factor ID under Monterey keeps vanishing when I click on the first screen.

Are others having an issue when they sign with this silly two factor process. On my system 2019 MBP OS12.3.1

Sometimes (not always) when I attempt to sign in. I will get the first popup that says someone is trying to sign in and I click to continue to see the sent code. But it never comes up. So I ask for a resend. And on it goes until I'm locked out.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 9:14 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 5, 2022 10:13 AM in response to Jaym_8

It just happened a few minutes ago. Tried signing into Icloud. The first popup telling me that someone was signing in popped up as normal. When I clicked on it, the code popped up and It immediately vanished. So I did as Ali_E1 suggested and went to pref and did Apple ID get code that way and it worked. The wife was on her Iphone (a trusted device) and the code pop up never showed up on her phone. My phone is not on at the moment.

Apr 5, 2022 6:16 AM in response to Jerry Fincher

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for sharing those further details. So when you try to sign in on the iCloud website you get the verification code on your trusted device, but it only appears for a second so you don't have enough time to see the numbers.

That is definitely not normal behavior. The box with the verification code should remain on the screen until you click "OK" on it. We'd recommend reporting that issue to Apple.

You can contact their support here: Get Support

Cheers!

Apr 4, 2022 5:14 PM in response to Jerry Fincher

Hey Jerry,

You can get a verification code from System Preferences. This article explains:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

From your Mac
- Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
- Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

It can be tricky when you’re try to receive an enter a verification code at the same time. Retrieving the verifcation method this way should work perfectly for you!

Regards.

Icloud Two factor ID under Monterey keeps vanishing when I click on the first screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.