You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

REMOVE TWO-FACTOR IDENTIFICATION IN MAC PRO AND MACBOOKPRO

I inserted the two factor identification in my macpro.

However the4re is a substantial problem here:

In my Mac pro 4.1 I have 2 drives with different systems, with 2 different names and 2 different appleID

my macbookpro

All these machines are connected to the same router and use two different ethernet cables with the same DHCP and password

If I need to move from one3 drive cause I use apps not compatible with the others Apple asks me to confirm the two factor id sending a code.

The code goes to the same machine but can be seen only after I shut off and reopen with the other drive as a startup disk.

At this point I enter a loop and at the end I am unable to use my mail account which is an extremely serious problem.

How can I remove this two-factor ID and what will I loose doing so?

Thanks

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 5:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 12:19 PM

Apple provides both two-step verification (2SV) & two-factor authentication (2FA), which is newer, with the Apple ID. Neither of these security methods are assigned to a device ... just the Apple ID used with it.

While the earlier 2SV method can be disabled from the ID, 2FA cannot.

At this point you will need to ask Apple's Apple ID Account Security team for further assistance with this matter. To contact them, click here and pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submit this form.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2019 12:19 PM in response to etnad

Apple provides both two-step verification (2SV) & two-factor authentication (2FA), which is newer, with the Apple ID. Neither of these security methods are assigned to a device ... just the Apple ID used with it.

While the earlier 2SV method can be disabled from the ID, 2FA cannot.

At this point you will need to ask Apple's Apple ID Account Security team for further assistance with this matter. To contact them, click here and pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submit this form.

REMOVE TWO-FACTOR IDENTIFICATION IN MAC PRO AND MACBOOKPRO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.