You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update an Apple Watch series 4. I have tried two iPhone XS, an 11, and an iPhone 7. I have reset all over a dozen times. I can get the watch to pair, but then it says unable to update because it’s not connected to the internet.

I am trying to update an Apple Watch series four. I have tried unpairing and re-pairing. I have tried resetting network setting. I have tried changing my phone’s language, location, and time. I have tried with two different iPhone Xs, an iPhone 12, an iPhone 11, and an iPhone 7, hard restarting all many times. All give the same results. The watch pairs and then says unable to update because it’s not connected to the internet. I have used numerous hotspots and WiFi, all with the same results. It’s just an infinite loop of the same error. I have been a loyal Apple customer, but this is ridiculous. I feel like I paid $500 for a paperweight watch.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 23, 2021 2:00 PM

8 replies

May 25, 2021 1:08 PM in response to better_half

Watch is paired and updated!! I’d like to be able to say I knew what they did at the Apple store but I can’t. It was giving the same error there and when I mentioned that other people were having the same issue she played with it a bit, put it on the charger and it started downloading the update almost instantly. I asked her what she did and she said she didn’t know, just put it on the charger. I tried dozens of times on the charger and it didn’t work for me. I’m just glad that frustration is over now.

So, my only tip is to take it to the Apple store. It’s a hassle and pretty inconvenient, but at least it worked.

I am trying to update an Apple Watch series 4. I have tried two iPhone XS, an 11, and an iPhone 7. I have reset all over a dozen times. I can get the watch to pair, but then it says unable to update because it’s not connected to the internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.