You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access email sent to my Apple ID at @mac.com?

How do I access email sent to my Apple ID, which is *@mac.com? The Apple ID was created in 2008, possibly earlier, but I did not use the email address. I have an active iCloud email address, created in 2019. I have been told that the the mac.com address is an email address within iCloud, and that emails sent to me there should reach me through the iCloud address, but this doesn't happen. As a result, messages sent to me by Apple do not reach me. I don't want to change my Apple ID. I'd rather have another email address. How can I make this work?

Posted on May 23, 2021 2:11 PM

3 replies

May 24, 2021 10:56 AM in response to alisonfromdenver

Hi alisonfromdenver, thank you for posting here in Apple Support Communities! We see that you're looking to access the emails under your "@mac" Apple ID account. You've come to the right place, the community would be happy to help.

Since your newer iCloud account was created separately from your "@mac" account, you would need to sign in to iCloud in a device's settings, or on iCloud.com with your "@mac" account. For more information, please check out: Using your @icloud.com email address - Apple Support

Once you've signed into the "@mac" account, check the Mail app to see if you now have access to your emails.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

May 24, 2021 11:32 AM in response to James_M50

Hi, and thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I cannot sign into my @mac account through iCloud. I think it is because my iCloud account uses the "iCloud.com" address as my primary address. I tried to create a second address under iCloud, but it was not successful. When I try to send an email to my @mac.com address, it bounces back with the message that the user does not exist:

"The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 <****@mac.com>: user does not exist"

That's not consistent with the various things I have read on the support pages, or with the statements made by various Apple support people who tell me they have sent me a message. However, I don't know where the gap is.

[Edited by Moderator]

How do I access email sent to my Apple ID at @mac.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.