You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot hear in calls or record audio.

I am unable to make calls or record audio. I can only receive calls and when i do receive calls, i cannot talk nor here the other person. I also tested out recording audio on Voice Memos and whenever I pressed the red record button, nothing happened.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:53 PM

Hello there sir my name is jacob I will assisting you with your issues your having today so first things first let’s do a normal mic check as you have stated above your mic dose not work in memos app and also calling users on the Apple device

so first things first I will need you to do me a favour head to the camera app if your on iPhone 10 X iPhone XS iPhone 11 iPhone 12 and iPhone SE remastered

please try recoding yourself in the camera app the reason I’m asking you to do this is because on those Apple devices there is more then just one mic there is a about 4 and one front facing mic that is only used for videos and calls on some platforms and applications

so by using the camera app if it dose work then that means we have tracked the source of the issue to just one select microphone and it can be fixed by taking your phone to the Apple support store or taking it to your local retail or Phone provider if you have one such as bell verzion virgin mobile and T mobile

however that said if the mic is not working In the video by Camera app then you will have to also understand that your iPhone might have encountered a glitch preventing your Apple device from allowing audio inputs from coming into your Apple device and also maybe dirt inside it

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2021 6:53 PM in response to iNeedsHelpPls

Hello there sir my name is jacob I will assisting you with your issues your having today so first things first let’s do a normal mic check as you have stated above your mic dose not work in memos app and also calling users on the Apple device

so first things first I will need you to do me a favour head to the camera app if your on iPhone 10 X iPhone XS iPhone 11 iPhone 12 and iPhone SE remastered

please try recoding yourself in the camera app the reason I’m asking you to do this is because on those Apple devices there is more then just one mic there is a about 4 and one front facing mic that is only used for videos and calls on some platforms and applications

so by using the camera app if it dose work then that means we have tracked the source of the issue to just one select microphone and it can be fixed by taking your phone to the Apple support store or taking it to your local retail or Phone provider if you have one such as bell verzion virgin mobile and T mobile

however that said if the mic is not working In the video by Camera app then you will have to also understand that your iPhone might have encountered a glitch preventing your Apple device from allowing audio inputs from coming into your Apple device and also maybe dirt inside it

Jun 4, 2021 6:54 PM in response to TNAWHEEL

However that said I hope that this was able to help and remember if it’s one mic it will be very easy to fix however if it’s the others your device might get replaced depending on the year and model because all phones if by a 0%APR plan and contract you will be able to use your limited warranty for repair as required by law

I cannot hear in calls or record audio.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.