You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a simplified walk-through 4 Apple?

I just got an iPhone 11 after using android my whole life. My device upon closer inspection seems to contain multiple operating systems. iOS, watchOS, iPadOS, and macOS. WTF!? Am I the target of a “service safari” for advertisers to learn from? Is my device jailbroken? Is there a enterprise MDM activated? Is this sky globals encrypted device?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 12:15 PM

Hi Dodongo187, welcome to iPhone!

Apple does have many different operating systems for its devices, the iPhone uses iOS, the latest version of iOS is 14.6.

For example, iPadOS is for an iPad and WatchOS is for an Apple Watch, you don't need to worry about this unless you have one of those devices.

If you bought your iPhone from a reputable retailer, including Apple, you don't need to worry about it being Jailbroken.

You can sign up for a virtual session on getting started with iPhone here, if you have any specific questions, one of the volunteers here will be happy to help! :)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2021 12:15 PM in response to Dodongo187

Hi Dodongo187, welcome to iPhone!

Apple does have many different operating systems for its devices, the iPhone uses iOS, the latest version of iOS is 14.6.

For example, iPadOS is for an iPad and WatchOS is for an Apple Watch, you don't need to worry about this unless you have one of those devices.

If you bought your iPhone from a reputable retailer, including Apple, you don't need to worry about it being Jailbroken.

You can sign up for a virtual session on getting started with iPhone here, if you have any specific questions, one of the volunteers here will be happy to help! :)

Jun 9, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Dodongo187

The only operating system on your phone is iOS. Here is the manual for it: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/welcome/ios

You can also download it in the Books app on your phone.

If your iPhone was issued by a business or school it may have MDM (Mobile Device Management) activated. You would have to ask the source. All Apple products are encrypted with strong encryption, Apple’s own, not Sky Global. However, you may have apps or email provided by Sky Global. These would be on top of the built-in encryption. Also, all apps are required by Apple to use SSL for all communication with outside data sources.

Here are some security information links:

Is there a simplified walk-through 4 Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.