You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the FILES app on an ipad DOES NOT show the Photo Library, and Photos content?

Why the FILES app on an ipad DOES NOT show the Photo Library, and Photos content?

The Files app on the iPadOS is limmited. There is no way to see /

browse your own Photos from the Photo Library with the Files app on your

iPad, because: the Files app in "On My iPad" does not allow you to view

the Photo Library content or the local Music content.

I had to install a third party File Explorer in order to view the content of Photo Library. The Photos app in NOT a FILE MANAGER app, but just a photo organizer app.

I just purchased a $1000 very fast piece of hardware with 256GB of memory (the very new iPad). No matter how fast the HW is, an iPad tries to tie our hands in every way possible, compared to a notebook.

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 4:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 11:27 AM

Actually I found a solution to copy pictures or movies from the Photo Library to an SD card attached you your iPad.

1. Connect an SD card to the iPad or iPhone, and make sure it is visible in File
  2. Open the Photos app / Select the photo(s) movie(s) that you want to copy
  3. Click the Share button / in the menu that appears look for Save to Files and click on it.
  4. This will open Files / If you had an SD card connected, it will appear. Select the SD card and click Copy
  5. This will do it. If you wanted to Move the photos, simply delete the photos from the Photo Library

The Files app is in its infancy.... Too bad. LOL you need two apps to move or copy some pictures

Another option is to use File Explorer app

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2021 11:27 AM in response to titust

Actually I found a solution to copy pictures or movies from the Photo Library to an SD card attached you your iPad.

1. Connect an SD card to the iPad or iPhone, and make sure it is visible in File
  2. Open the Photos app / Select the photo(s) movie(s) that you want to copy
  3. Click the Share button / in the menu that appears look for Save to Files and click on it.
  4. This will open Files / If you had an SD card connected, it will appear. Select the SD card and click Copy
  5. This will do it. If you wanted to Move the photos, simply delete the photos from the Photo Library

The Files app is in its infancy.... Too bad. LOL you need two apps to move or copy some pictures

Another option is to use File Explorer app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.