You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to lose my iCloud data when moving Countries?

The system will not allow me to switch countries (within Schengen) before my Apple One subscription runs out, yet it's the Apple One subscription that gives me extra storage space.

I already talked to support and they just kept repeating that I have to let it run out and wouldn't give me a straight answer to what happens to the data in iCloud when the subscription runs out.

Can someone give me a straight answer to what exactly happens to my data?

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 6:29 AM

You have to let any subscriptions end and clear the balance from your App Store / iTunes when changing regions.

To avoid losing data, I would recommend backing up via iTunes until you are able to do an iCloud back-up again.

As you are travelling within the Schengen area, many of your apps should still be available but you may have to download certain ones again, to get the right version for your region.

For more help on changing region, either check out this article or please reply back with any more questions and someone will be happy to help

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2021 6:29 AM in response to HappyCerberus

You have to let any subscriptions end and clear the balance from your App Store / iTunes when changing regions.

To avoid losing data, I would recommend backing up via iTunes until you are able to do an iCloud back-up again.

As you are travelling within the Schengen area, many of your apps should still be available but you may have to download certain ones again, to get the right version for your region.

For more help on changing region, either check out this article or please reply back with any more questions and someone will be happy to help

Do I have to lose my iCloud data when moving Countries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.