You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing regions and losing access to iCloud storage, will I lose my data?

I moved to a new country and need to switch my Apple ID region. I was a Apple One subscriber and share my iCloud drive storage with my family. With the need to switch region, Apple mandates that I have to unsubscribe to Apple One and resubscribe in my new region. However, I am worried that me and my family will have data deleted the minute my Apple One subscription expires. Will this happen or will my family get a grace period during which our data can be preserved?

iPhone 14

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 7:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:02 PM

There is no published grace period for this. Not entirely sure where muguy is getting 30 days from.

Once expired, your iCloud account will revert to the free 5GB option and anything exceeding that amount will be deleted at some point.

However, as mentioned, any data on iCloud would also be on your devices as they are synced, and as such would be retained while you make the country change.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 12:02 PM in response to QWC123

There is no published grace period for this. Not entirely sure where muguy is getting 30 days from.

Once expired, your iCloud account will revert to the free 5GB option and anything exceeding that amount will be deleted at some point.

However, as mentioned, any data on iCloud would also be on your devices as they are synced, and as such would be retained while you make the country change.

Changing regions and losing access to iCloud storage, will I lose my data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.